Are you reluctant to write a blog because you don’t think you have anything interesting to say or because you are intimidated by other blogs you’ve read and assume you’ll never measure up?
Do you believe that every post you write has to be earth shakingly insightful, laugh-out-loud funny, or full of impressive facts and theories?
Do you assume that readers of your blog – current and potential clients as well as your associates perhaps -- will think less of you as a professional because your blog isn’t “good enough?”
Stop judging yourself and start blogging!
Your blog posts don’t have to be impressive treatises or witty pieces of writing. Writing a blog is simply an inexpensive and effective way to build your business’ brand, provide useful information and advice to your clients and potential clients, market your products and services, and improve your web site’s search engine ranking.
Here are some things you can do with your blog:
• Share your thoughts about news of the day that relates to your business.
• Discuss a problem you helped a client resolve and what others can learn from it.
• Comment on a new survey or recent trend.
• Educate your clients and potential clients about issues you think they should know about and actions they should take now to avoid possible problems down the road.
• Promote an event your business is sponsoring or a new service you are now offering.
Bottom line, if you've resisted blogging so far, relax, stop judging yourself, and give it a try. Who knows, you may find that you actually enjoy it. So blog darn it, blog!
Return to top of page: Stop Judging Yourself and Start Blogging